Tuesday, June 4

Keeping it Real

{ you know where to find it.... here }

I've heard in the media over the last few weeks that bloggers are being slammed as self absorbed and egotistical. Well, I guess that's probably true of a few people, bloggers or otherwise but personally I love a good blog. For me, the world of blogging gives me the opportunity to see other people's worlds and is always full of inspiration. And the blogs that resonate with me are the ones whose writers are not only stylish and fabulous but also REAL. Case in point is Erin Gates from the Elements of Style Blog. This girl is my favourite, and I just know we'd be friends if we met in real life. Erin is going from strength to strength in her career as an interior designer and you could forgive her for having a huge ego..... but she doesn't. Recently she did a post about how she and her husband are having difficulty falling pregnant. Wow, what a relief that post was and how incredible that she shared it with her readers when I'm sure it would have been so much easier to keep it shiny and glossy and perfect. From a girl going through a similar struggle to Erin it really helped me to read that blog and know that I'm not the only one.

So, from here on in I'm going to add a bit more real into my writing. I hope that doesn't sound self absorbed or self indulgent. I also hope that some day, something that I write might just make someone smile or be a much needed piece of reassurance that despite the pretty pictures and the attempts at perfection, this blogger is just living life, struggles and all, just like everyone else.

No comments: